Like every year, Neat Group is proud of sponsoring the conference about Alzheimer´s disease at the Center for Humanization of Health in Madrid, which this year reaches its XXI edition.
The sessions are designed to train participants on how to care for people with this disease and to go in depth about Alzheimer´s disease and the issues surrounding it.
Between 500 and 600 participants who guided by psychiatry, psychology and nursing professionals, will participate in workshops on topics like innovation and robotherapy in cognitive stimulation for Alzheimer’s type dementia, ambiguous loss, counselling, family school, or nutrition and hydration.
It will also address issues such as ethical aspects in the care of the person with Alzheimer´s disease who will lead an intense interdisciplinary work session, with experts in counselling, bioethics, nursing, theology and psychogeriatry.
Neat Group continues developing technologies such as the wandering control or nurse call systems that humanize and dignify the patients while facilitating their care by professionals and relatives.
In case you are in Madrid between April 11 and 12, you can participate in this free conference by registering through the website www.humanizar.es and by mail to email@example.com (Phone +34 918 060 696).
Neat Group is once again present at the leading trade fair for technological services for construction that is being held these days in Frankfurt am Main.
Light+Building, the world’s largest trade fair for lighting and building services technology, is held every two years in Frankfurt am Main and it will be open until 23 March 2018. Over 2,600 exhibitors from 55 countries are there to present their new products in the field of lighting, electrical and electronic technology and home and building automation. “Connected – Secure – Convenient” is the motto of this leading world trade fair in its field. The focus is on the key issues ‘The smartification of everyday life’ and ‘Aesthetics and well-being in harmony’.
Neat is convinced of the need of healthcare centers for using “connected, safe and practical” systems. As a part of Legrand Group, Neat wanted to be present and show its solutions to visitors from all over the world who visit the fair.
In this edition, Neat has presented its solutions such as wandering control, nursing call system, access control or indoor location. All systems are designed to guarantee the residents safety and wellbeing in healthcare centers.
The fair is a fantastic opportunity for Neat to present its technology to a big number of participants and open up the possibility of future collaborations and new projects. In addition, it also constitutes a reinforcement of its international strategy and strengthens its alliance with Legrand Group. Serafin Quintanilla, Product Area Deputy Manager in Neat and present at the fair, has explained “for Neat is an opportunity to show the latest developments for nursing homes and hospitals on Legrand’s stand; and in general all the technology that we design for a better service and comfort for the elderly people. At the same time, our colleagues from Legrand from very different countries can know our solutions and thus facilitate the sale of Neat products and services in their respective markets”.
Light + Building will be open until March 23, so we invite you to visit the stand and learn more about Neat Group solutions.
Device management from anywhere and at any time.
Neat Group has developed a new software called Carephone Management Portal (CMP), a new web-based tool that allows our customers to manage their remote telecare digital terminals in a simple and friendly way.
At Neat, we understand the need for those who are responsible for telecare services to know in real time, for example, which terminals are working properly or which ones have low battery. It is also important that service providers can re-program those same terminals in order to assure they work smoothly. That is why we have developed this application specifically for digital telecare terminals, because CMP offers the possibility of configuring and updating terminals remotely.
It is an essential tool for the digital telecare service since, with the new possibilities of monitoring and evaluating big data, workflows are optimized.
Functionalities to ease care work:
- Overview of all technical alarms and events as well as detailed alarm and event history.
- E-mail notification in the event of a fault or technical message.
- Local programming via USB interface on the PC.
- Individual programming via CMP.
- Monitoring the house emergency call devices in real time.
- Online / offline display and device status.
- Redundant and independent monitoring of the installed base, even in case of power failure.
- Overview of failures or status of the devices.
- Automatic firmware updates and convenient remote configuration.
- Manageable user administration and rights.
Neat Group has installed its nurse call system at Ciudad de Berja nursing home located in the city of Almería (Spain) with the aim of ensuring communication between professionals and residents of this center, as well as improving the quality of care.
Ciudad de Berja nursing home is a social-health center for the elderly, who are offered comprehensive care and continuous personal, social and health services. With a total of 136 beds and 75 rooms, this nursing home is the largest and most modern residence in the west of Almería, with private and family-friendly spaces, as well as a wide range of services.
The nursing home sought to replace its old communication system with a reliable and modern voice system. In order to meet these needs, Neat carried out the installation of the following technology:
The care professionals of this center use wireless telephones to receive alarms, which are managed by the ISECO Control Center, also installed by Neat. Likewise, professionals have TREX devices, which are used as BACK UP, therefore, both communication and reception of alarms are always guaranteed. In addition, Neat installed the D-POS System to offer the Wandering Control service, thus some residents of this care center use the D-ATOM device.
This installation is just the beginning of a big installation project of three nursing homes of Avita Group.
Neat Group has always defended that solitude imposed is another way of abuse and it is the duty of the whole society to help our elders to face it and avoid it when it is not a chosen option.
That is why, in our article today we give a few tips for the elderly to cope with loneliness. We recommend you two strategies that can be implemented simultaneously and will help you deal with loneliness.
1.- Learn how to spend time with yourself
- Identify the problem. The first step is to understand the problem. It is not the same to be alone than to feel lonely. Being alone is a situation that could not be imposed but chosen by the person and it does not need to be treated. Spending time alone with ourselves is natural and necessary. Feeling lonely, on the contrary, is a situation imposed, a negative feeling that must be counteracted. Once you understand the problem, try to analyze why you feel lonely. Do you miss a person or a place? Do you feel that you do not have enough friends? Do you think that your family does not pay enough attention to you? Once you have defined the problem, it will be easier to solve it.
- Enjoy your own company. Try to make the moments in which you are alone as pleasant as possible. Having hobbies helps us stay entertained. You can pick up one in which you already had some practice or start something new. There are plenty of options: practice some sport, read, write a newspaper, knit or crochet, learn how to cook or try new recipes, get started in photography or painting, gardening, film sessions…
- Start a big project. Starting a project that takes a long time will help you plan and take new challenges that, with some effort, you can overcome. The offer is huge: studying a language, writing a book, learning to play an instrument, setting up a small company or volunteering.
- Accept help if you need it. Feeling alone is not something to be ashamed of, it is a natural feeling. In case you feel overwhelmed and do not get encouraged, seek the help of a professional, he will help you overcome it. Remember that telecare professionals are there to listen whenever you need it.
- Avoid addictive attitudes. Loneliness can lead us to fall into addictions such as alcohol, smoking, gambling or compulsive shopping. That is why it is better to get away from these actions or perform them in a very moderate and responsible way. Do not try to change your feeling of loneliness with these attitudes; striving to find a solution is better.
2.- Search company
- Do not become dependent on your relatives. Family is important, but we cannot always require them to be with us as long as we really want to. Many times work, family or studies keep them busy. That is why it is important that we are independent when it comes to develop our own social agenda and that we can mix the activities with our relatives, with others that we share, with friends and acquaintances.
- Make small plans. Day to day not only consists of large projects, but also small actions that can fill us with satisfaction. You can, for example, meet friends for breakfast, shopping or walking in a nearby park. Although they are not big plans, these small actions will help you feel accompanied.
- Make big plans. Small plans should mix with larger plans that make us feel excited. Plan a trip, a weekend out, a dinner in a restaurant that we like or that movie we are expecting to premiere to go to the cinema. The more friends we invite to these activities, the better.
- Evaluate the possibility of adopting a pet. A pet requires care and responsibilities but also has multiple benefits. In addition, taking responsibility for an animal requires us to leave the house and socialize with other people. If you are thinking about acquiring one, keep in mind that dogs and cats are the best option to combat loneliness, as they interact a lot with their owners.
- Avoid staying at home. Sunlight increases our endorphins; that makes us feel happier. Strolling, riding a bike, hiking to nature or simply exploring a new park helps us feel better. If you are afraid of leaving home, you can always ask your telecare provider for a mobile telecare device that will keep you located and safe at all times.
Thanks to the SmartCall mobile application developed by Neat, automatic, pre-programmed and personalized calls can be made to notify the user of the arrival of the adapted vehicle.
SmartCall is an application designed to make automatic, pre-programmed and personalized calls to the people who are taken to their Day Center. When the elder answers the call, he is informed by a recording about his next pickup. The system interacts with the user asking if he understood the message, if the answer is negative, the recording is repeated.
This technological service reduces waiting times for people with mobility impairments who use the route of transport adapted to the Municipal Day Centers. The elderly are notified in advance about the arrival of transport, allowing both the elderly and their relatives to have enough time to get to the door of their home.
During 2017, more than 130,000 personalized calls were sent out to users to notify them that the adapted vehicle will arrive shortly.
It is worth mentioning that in 2014, thanks to this modern App, the Madrid City Council won the “Contratos y Proyectos Smart Cities 2014” (“Smart Cities Contracts and Projects 2014”) award.
A cloud application that increases productivity.
An intelligent management of Home Care Services is essential to ensure that the user in a situation of dependency, vulnerability or risk receives personalized attention in an efficient manner.
In its continuous development of innovative solutions, Neat has designed a web tool called SAD Optimizer, which facilitates the management of service providers allowing the creation of work schedules based on the availability of time, determining the workload of the assistant and knowing the distance between the address of the user and the location of the assistant.
Service providers do not need to have any previous infrastructure just connect to SAD Optimizer and it´s done. In addition, the costs are predictable and are managed according to the number of users.
SAD Optimizer application allows managing services in mobility since the assistant has the work plan in his/her own mobile device and actively participates in the service.
To reinforce the efficiency and timeliness of Home Care Services, SAD Optimizer relies on the mobile application SAD Presence from Neat, developed to register the entry and exit of the assistants.
- Work schedule: creation of work schedules in a simple and intuitive way.
- Availability: it informs about the available hours of the auxiliaries, takes into account the holidays and guarantees the fairness in the hourly distribution.
- Transport: it calculates the costs of moving the auxiliary automatically and optimizes the distances.
- Integration: Solution ready to be integrated with any billing system managed by the service provider.
- Billing: it generates reports of the tasks performed and billing reports.
- Productivity and monitoring: it communicates to the managers of the service about the level of productivity of each assistant and provides them with indicators on human resources, time and tasks